This 660-hour program will provide you with the skills, attitudes and knowledge necessary for entry-level jobs in the welding profession. Areas of concentration will include safety, oxyfuel cutting procedures, base metal preparation and applicable welding processes. The course will prepare students for the D1.1 and welding tests.
- Learning the proper use and storage of gases
- Oxyfuel and Plasma Arc Cutting
- Air Carbon Arc Cutting and Gouging
- Gas Metal Arc Welding
- Flux Core Arc Welding
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- Inspecting and testing base metal materials
- Reading and interpreting Engineering Drawings
- ACT National Career Readiness
- AWS Certified Welder D1.1 SMAW
- AWS Certified Welder D1.1 GMAW
- ASHI First Aid CPR
- OSHA 10
The mission of the Tri-County Career Center is to "inspire, challenge and prepare students to reach their career potential."