Welcome to the Firefighter/EMS Program. The student experience at Tri-County Career Center is a unique combination of textbook learning and real world hands-on experiences. We apply Science, Math and Communication Skills to career opportunities. Our approach to learning challenges students to obtain their very best potential.
In this program, Students in the junior year learn the fundamentals of firefighting and Emergency medical services, the National Incident Management System, and Firefighter I. The senior year focuses on completing Firefighter II Professional Firefighter certification and Emergency Medical Technician Basic certification. Upon completion of the program, students have the potential to obtain a position as a firefighter and EMT at the basic level.
Areas of Study:
Basic Life Support
- Foundations of Firefighting and Emergency Medical Services
- National Incident Management System
- Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Emergency Vehicle Operations
- Building Construction
- Fire Dynamics
- Structural Search and Rescue
- Tactical Ventilation
- Fire Origin and Cause Determination
- Vehicle Extraction Operations
- Hose Operations and Hose Streams
- Fire Suppression
- Medical Terminology
- Patient Assessment
740.753.3511 or 800.637.6508'