The ASPIRE Lab at Tri-County is temporarily closed. If you have questions about services and/ or GED preparations, please contact:
Ohio Means Jobs - Athens County at (740)797-1405
Ohio Means Jobs - Hocking County at (740)385-5663
Thank you for your understanding.
The Aspire program provides classes and individual instruction for adults who wish to improve their basic skills and/or prepare for the General Equivalence Diploma (GED) test, which can be taken at the Adult Center.
The Aspire program provides small group and individual instruction in the following areas:
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills
- Adult Secondary Education/GED preparation
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Transition services – including employment and post-secondary
- Life skills, employability skills, and computer literacy
- Family Literacy – enriching the parental role of adult learners
- Workplace Literacy – education services offered in collaboration with business, industry, government, and/or labor to increase the productivity of the workforce through improved literacy skills
- Corrections Education – a partnership with a jail, detention center, community-based rehabilitation center, or other similar institutions
- Distance Education
Aspire is FREE and open to the public.