March 14, 2020
Dear Parents/Guardians and students of Tri-County Career Center high school programs:
Tri-County is starting our mandatory extended Spring Break starting Monday, March 16, 2020, through April 3, 2020. As of today, students will be expected to return to school on Monday, April 6, 2020. Please also be award, that with this extended Spring Break we plan to change our calendar and be in attendance Friday, April 10, 2020, and Monday, April 13, 2020.
Teachers are working Monday to provide online or paper lessons. Teachers will be working to contact students to make sure they have Internet access, if not, we will send packets home this week. We are also working on trying to do weekly food packets at different locations. Please check our website for location of food and additional information from the school. We will try to send out Robo calls and Facebook posts to keep students and parents informed.
Please continue to follow CDC guidelines for illnesses so you will be healthy to return in April.
- • Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- • Stay home when you are sick--fever, chills, cough, sore throat, headache.
- • Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then dispose of the tissue in the trash or use the bend of your elbow.
- • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Students are encouraged to contact their instructors to get work and assignments. Most teachers have assignments are on Google classroom.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Connie L. Altier