Medical Assisting Technology is a twelve-month, 1,350-hour course that covers medical office management and medical assisting clinical skills. Classroom lecture combined with hands-on training plus a 247-hour professional clinical experience provides you with a comprehensive set of skills that employers want.
Areas of study include:
- Anatomy & Physiology with Pathophysiology
- Medical Terminology
- Billing & Coding
- Medical Office Procedures
- Administrative Procedures
- Electronic Health Records
- Clinical Skills Lab
- Vital Signs
- CLIA Waived Testing
- CPR Pro & First Aid
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Medical Law & Ethics
- Pharmacology & Pharmacology Math
A certificate through our Medical Assisting Technology program will provide opportunities for employment in clinics, physicians' offices, hospitals, pharmacies, and schools.
Click here for more information about a career as a Medical Assistant.
Click here to see current job openings for Medical Assistants.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will sit for the Registered Medical Assistant exam through American Medical Technologists. You will also earn:
- Certification in CPR Pro and First Aid (American Safety and Health Institute)
- Certification as a Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist (CEHRS)
- An ACT National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
Completion of this program also gives you a head start on your path to college. By continuing your training at any approved college program in Ohio, you will receive at least 18 credit hours of college credit for completing our program. Even better, through a special agreement with Hocking College, they will give you up to 25 college credits!